We’re off to a new year, which means new beginnings! New beginnings are essential to the Christian life. At any moment, no matter how badly we’ve messed up or what bad habits we’ve acquired, we can choose to start anew.
And there will be some new things around here this new year!
First, I’ve committed myself to write more. So you’re going to see a lot more blog posts (don’t worry, the email list will still only get one email a week or so). Second, my family and I have been working toward some exciting (perhaps even *radical*) new lifestyle choices. More to come on that soon. And finally, I’m going to share with you some really neat Radical Life projects I’ve been working on.
One such project is an eBooklet. It’s called Messy and Foolish: How to make a mess, be a fool and change the world. I’ll try to get it to you in the next few weeks. It will be a quick, easy read and totally free. I think you’ll really like it, so hang out for that.
Another involves a series of really simple, individual *programs* (for lack of a better word) that will help a person do things like be more productive, humble, holy, careless, generous and much (much) more. I’ll announce how that is going to work early this year when I launch the first one.
I’m so thankful
I’m so thankful for every one of you who read The Radical Life. It’s been truly astonishing how quickly this group has grown and we are only just getting started.
If you need any help on your new year’s resolutions, here are some ideas (with accompanying posts):
- Use Facebook more thoughtfully
- Adopt better habits for consuming information
- Re-examine why you’re working in the first place
- Be better about that really annoying person in your life
- Be more humble and set yourself free of whatever is holding you back
- Live life to the full
- Embrace the thrill of getting back up and trying again
- Choose to live more intentionally
- Start your days off heroically
- Stop wasting your pain
- Rethink how you measure your child’s (and your own) “success”
I hope those help you get off to a great new beginning this year!